Advice on Death & Loss
March 15, 43 B.C.
Hello All,
It has been a year since Caesar's death and I am doing well. I wanted to share some tips that helped me deal with the death of my beloved husband.
The first thing I had to do was accept and acknowledge the death. I was able to do this by giving away Caesar's papers to Marc Antony. This allowed me to begin to process the death of Caesar.
The second thing was to not isolate myself from others. You may want to be alone and just deal with your feelings, but this is not the best way to deal with grief. This would cause loneliness and make the grieving process a lot worse. Instead I talked with my friends about my feelings and developed new interests. For example, I began to participate in discussions with my friends about our studies and the books we were reading.
The last helpful tip is to gain self-efficiency. If your partner dies, like in my case, there is a gap in your life. You also may have relied on your partner and now they are not longer there. You must become self efficient and begin to rely on yourself.
I hope these tips will help you. If you need any support just leave a comment.
Comments
Post a Comment