Relationship Advice

                                                                           September 17, 53 B.C. 

Hello All,

Recently I found out that Caesar was considering divorcing me and marrying Pompeia. He was going to marry Pompeia because she is the daughter of Pompey and Mucia, and Caesar was trying to fix their political relationship. This arrangement fell through and Caesar returned to our marriage and relationship. I understood the need for this marriage and forgave Caesar and we returned to building our relationship. I understand how some of you also may be struggling in your relationship and I wanted to share my advice.

  

  First, you need to remember that every relationship will have problems, but the difference from a successful relationship and a failed relationship is how you deal with those problems. 

    The most important thing in a relationship is communication. Each partner must communicate and share if they have a problem with their partner. For example, Caesar told me he was considering a divorce and he told me the reasons behind the possible divorce. I then shared that I understood and would respect his decision. Without this communication we would not have a strong relationship. 

    The next thing you need to have is love, respect, and commitment to each other. You need to care and respect your partner for a relationship to be successful. Commitment is also important because you both need to try and give time to build your bond between each other. Caesar and I were able to do this from the time we got married because we grew to love each other from a political marriage. 

 The last thing for a relationship to be successful is to be able to work out your problems together. You should sit down and just talk out all your problems, this will get you to the root of the problem and then you can build from there.

 I hope this post helps. If you want more advice, leave a comment!                                  

Comments